Feature of the month


Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dia Mirza unapologetic about being bad



Dia Mirza is learning how to kick b***, literally. And the otherwise good girl is enjoying it a little too much. “I have been having long working days these days but I am not complaining. I am training for my role in Acid Factory. I have to get used to the cable work and the action stunts. And I never thought it would be so much fun!”

Dia is playing a character called Max in the movie. “She is unapologetic about being bad. We all have yin and yang in us and this character has a little more of black in her. And come to think of it, I have been good far too long. It is time to be bad on screen. In real life, I just can’t help being who I am. But at least on reel I can be bad,” she say. In the movie, six men – Fardeen Khan, Aftab Shivdasani, Danny Denzongpa, Irrfan Khan, Riteish Deshmukh and Manoj Bajpai -- surround Dia. So is she ready for being linked up with any of them? “Oh totally, they are all very cute. I am working with Aftab for the first time but I have worked with the rest of the gang earlier. But I do hope I am not linked with Danny sir.”

Dia’s recent outing on the big screen – an item number for Zindagi Tere Naam – has got mixed reactions with her looking not svelte enough. “Let’s not call it an item number. It was just something I did for a friend,” she explains. But Dia promises a lot more in days to come. “I have six movies in my kitty just now. In fact, when someone asks me why I am still single, I tell them that I really don’t have time. When I am 100 per cent occupied with my work, what is the point of letting someone in my life, only for him to be ignored completely?”

0 comments:

Blog Archive

END